Advanced technology in Tobacco Industry Carbon Dioxide Laser Perforating Systems
- The Scorpion Series is the latest in carbon dioxide perforating technology
- The Scorpion Series is designed around Coherent® J2 and J3 Series Resonators
- External optics using HAAS®, LTI commercial mirror assemblies
- Innovative beam splitter design using a DOE lens which enable dual row perforation with single beam resonator output
- Control system design using Siemens Step 7 Series Controller with Siemens FM 352-5 Boolean Processor — 1uS sampling resolution (ultra high speed without PC platform and/or HDD)
- Custom fiber-optic send/receive boards for noise immune modulation between electrical cabinet and resonator section
- Simple brand parameters and up to 50 saved recipes allow for easy commissioning and changeovers
- Intuitive HMI for both operator and technicians
Coherent® J3 Resonator
J Series Improved Safety Features:
Coherent® J3 Series Resonators improve safety by using a mechanical internal shutter that can be controlled by an external safety system. TAM uses Pilz multinoz safety controller that
interfaces with both TAM safety guarding and external machine safety loops.
J3 Resonator Specifications
— Nominal Power Range 10W – 250W
— Peak Power Nominal 750W
— Modulation Pulse Range — 2uS to 1000uS
— 180W of measured output power at 20% modulation (200uS at 1000uS period)
— RF Excitation Unit — internal to J3 enclosure
— +48VDC/104 Amp supply requirement
— Purge Air (Dry/Clean Air for Internal Optics)
— Ethernet connection for internal J3 diagnostics
— No adjustable components inside of J3
The Scorpion Series uses Fiber Optic Isolation to improve the quality of the modulation signal. Combined with the J Series® internal RF section, the Scorpion Series produces an extremely high quality pulse modulation with very low electrical noise being introduced into the interface cables.
High Speed Sampling with FPGA
TAM proprietary software combined with Siemens FM352-5 Boolean processor allows for perfect hold symmetry during acceleration and deceleration phases of operation.
HAAS®, Laser Technologies, Inc. Optics
— HAAS® LTI commercial mirror assembly for external optical steering
— Newly designed beam splitter by TAM and HAAS®, LTI which allows for 26 mm to 42 mm lens center-to-center distances
— DOE lens technology (Diffractive Optical Element) enables dual side by side perforation with standard single beam output
Ethernet Performance Diagnostics
The Scorpion Series Software uses standard TCP/IP connections to display detailed J3® diagnostics on the HMI screen.